Kidde BATTERY OPERATED Carbon Monoxide Alarm with 3 AA batteries included KN-COB-B-LPM
With the use of sophisticated electronic components, the Kidde 9CO5-LP battery-operated carbon monoxide alarm protects you and your family from the dangers of carbon monoxide. Also included is an intuitive slide-out battery door that gives easy and immediate access to the batteries and a safety feature mechanism that makes the unit difficult to close without the proper installation of the batteries. This easy-to-install alarm is appropriate for all living areas and comes with a 7-year life warranty and 5-year limited warranty.
The Kidde 9CO5-LP will alert you and your family with a loud warning signal against the dangers of elevated carbon monoxide levels in your home. This battery-operated carbon monoxide alarm continuously monitors carbon monoxide levels, even during power outages when AC-only units are not providing protection.
This unit uses an electrochemical sensor, and when it detects carbon monoxide, it will alert the user with a distinct pattern. The alarm pattern is four short beeps, followed by five seconds of silence, then four more short beeps with a corresponding red LED light. This cycle will continue for four minutes and then change to one cycle every minute until the device is reset or the carbon monoxide is eliminated. In addition, the red LED light will pulse to indicate carbon monoxide has been detected until the device is reset or carbon monoxide is removed from the surrounding area. When there is no carbon monoxide present, a green LED light will flash every 30 seconds, indicating a properly operating alarm when power is present.
What's in the Box
One Kidde 9CO5-LP unit and three AA batteries.
- Battery operated (3AA batteries included) - Provides protection during power outages
- Battery lockout system – Deters covering battery compartment without installation of batteries
- Slide-out battery door cover – Gives immediate access to batteries
- Test/reset button – Tests the unit for proper operation and can also reset the Carbon Monoxide alarm
- Low battery signal – Alerts user when the battery needs to be replaced
- Green LED – Flashes every 30-seconds to indicate the unit is operating properly
- Red LED – When a dangerous level of carbon monoxide is detected the red LED will pulse and a loud alarm pattern will sound